1/28/2015, Wednesday- Minimum Day for all Elementary Schools- Studenst in Grades TK and 1-5 dimissed at 12:05 PM, Kinders dismissed at 11:20 AM
1/30/2015, Friday- Art Vistas Mimic the Masters/by invitation only/6:15 PM to 9:30 PM
Media Center Library Hour Closures
The media center will closed from Tuesday, January 27th through Thursday, February 5.
The library will reopen on Tuesday February 10th on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school from 2:05 to 3:00 Thank you for your understanding during this time.
Eastin Elementary school will be participating in the Six Flags reading program again this year. This program is open to all students in Eastin in Grades K-5 only. Please read the attached parent letter for more information and feel free to print out a reading log. All reading logs must be signed and turned in to Ms. Morris in room 113 by 2/27/2015. Any student completing the program will receive a free admission ticket in June to Six Flags Marine World in Vallejo, CA. Please contact Ms. Morris if you have any questions.
Delaine Eastin Media Center Family Library Hours
Media Center Library Hour Closures
The Media Center will closed from Tuesday, January 27th through Thursday, February 5. The library will reopen on Tuesday February 10th on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school from 2:05 to 3:00 Thank you for your understanding during this time.
Beginning on October 7th, the Eastin Library will be open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:05 PM to 3:00 PM. Students and their families are invited to come by and check out a book, find a quiet place to read, or browse our collection. All students must be accompanied by a guardian.
Please see attached flyer for a list of district approved snacks and ideas for birthday celebrations.
All students (Kids First, Breakfast and arrival) will enter through the gate to the left of the front of the school each morning.
- PLEASE be patient, we will work hard to get your child to and from your car safely
- Teachers pick students up from the playground promptly at 8:00am
- Students that arrive after 8:00 are tardy and must report to the front office
- No early dismissals after 1:30 unless you have a doctor's appointment card to verify the urgent need for early pick-up. (Picking up a child early is reported on your child's school attendance record similarly to a morning tardy)
- Ensure your child has their homework and lunch with them each morning. We not interrupt classrooms to deliver items to a child.
- Phone calls into the classroom interrupt instruction. Please make sure your child knows their pick up plan each day as we don't want to interrupt learning & teaching.
The Kid's First program is located on the Eastin school campus
Homework Help - Arts & Crafts - Games - Outdoor Play
- Before School Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
- Kindergarten Hours: 11:20 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- After School Hours: 2:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
See Kids First link on the left side of the webpage AND the attachment below for more information.
All registrations require a 24 hour pre-registration to participate in the Kids First program, no exceptions.
Free and Reduced-Price Meals are available to families who believe they may qualify.
If your family chooses to apply, please complete an ONLINE "Free and Reduced Meal Price Application Form"
For an application, click on the following link:
Please note that a new meal application must be submitted at the beginning of each school year.
"This guide is designed to help you understand how the standards will affect your child, what changes you will see and what you can do at home to help your children in the classroom."