A flyer for the PTC fundraiser is attached.
November 12, Thursday- PTC fundraiser begins
November 23, Monday- AC Library Book Mobile stops at Eastin
(schedule and library card application are below)
Mon, November 23-Fri, November 27- Thanksgiving Break NO SCHOOL
November 30, Mon- PTC Fundraiser ends /money due, School resumes
For the 4th year in a row, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo, CA wants to encourage students in Grades K-6 to be life-long recreational readers. You can read with or child or read to them. Be sure to record any magazines, books, or graphic novels on the reading log. The program will run from 12/1/2015 to 2/26/2016.
Please note the following:
- To qualify for a free child's admission ticket to Discovery Kingdom, 6 hours of reading is required. One ticket per child extra minutes or hours does not mean extra tickets.
- This program is only available for students in grades K-6 (Transitional kinder and pre-school students are not eligible)
- Six flags requires a complete and signed reading log listing all materials that were read (Handwritten notes stating "My child read for six hours but I lost the form" are not acceptable).
- Students should read between 15 to 30 mintes a day and record it.. Reading one book for 6 hours is a bit extreme.
- Please be sure to tally all minutes/hours and sign the reading log.
- Deadline for returning is 2/26/2016 , Please give to your classroom teacher or Miss Morris in room 113.
- Contact Miss Morris for any questions.
- Please send attachment below to get a copy of Grade level wish lists
Please see attached flyer for a list of district approved snacks and ideas for birthday celebrations.
All students (Kids First, Breakfast and arrival) will enter through the gate to the left of the front of the school each morning.
- PLEASE be patient, we will work hard to get your child to and from your car safely
- Teachers pick students up from the playground promptly at 8:00am
- Students that arrive after 8:00 are tardy and must report to the front office
- No early dismissals after 1:30 unless you have a doctor's appointment card to verify the urgent need for early pick-up. (Picking up a child early is reported on your child's school attendance record similarly to a morning tardy)
- Ensure your child has their homework and lunch with them each morning. We not interrupt classrooms to deliver items to a child.
- Phone calls into the classroom interrupt instruction. Please make sure your child knows their pick up plan each day as we don't want to interrupt learning & teaching.
The Kid's First program is located on the Eastin school campus
Homework Help - Arts & Crafts - Games - Outdoor Play
- Before School Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
- Kindergarten Hours: 11:20 AM to 2:05 PM August 26th to Seprember 28TH
- After School Hours: 2:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
See Kids First link on the left side of the webpage for more information.
All registrations require a 24 hour pre-registration to participate in the Kids First program, no exceptions.
Free and Reduced-Price Meals are available to families who believe they may qualify.
If your family chooses to apply, please complete an ONLINE "Free and Reduced Meal Price Application Form"
For an application, click on the following link:
Please note that a new meal application must be submitted at the beginning of each school year.
"This guide is designed to help you understand how the standards will affect your child, what changes you will see and what you can do at home to help your children in the classroom."